only the obtuse are unappreciative of paradox

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Joyeux Quatorze Juillet!

I finally got a little bit of rest! Woot! Got to sleep in yesterday because my supervisor at Boudin mistakenly told me I was off when I called to see what time to come in at six in the morning. It was a godsend, that's for sure. I got my laundry done the night before, so I slept in until around eleven, then hung around the house a bit and relaxed, went down to Haight and got a much needed pair of boots. Then Matt and I continued to Chinatown to get some cheap delicious dinner. We took a pretty scenic route and stumbled into a tourist trap type of store for a couple minutes. I ended up finding some pretty cool novelty items in there though, and picked up a beetle paperweight. We met up with Brittany at Grant and Washington and went into Sam Wo. I treated everyone to dinner, it was delicious, as always, and under twenty dollars! Brittany headed home to pack but Matt and I continued our northbound journey toward North Beach. We went to City Lights for a bit and then had beer and gelato at an excellent café at the corner of Broadway and Colombus.

We got home before it was too late, put some records on, played some guitar, made some Sweet Dreams tea and then crashed out. Work was good today, Dani took a ton of photographs of Reb(ecc)a and I jumping in front of the green screen. They turned out hilarious. I checked out some books to take home from the Naturalist Research Center and took a nice nap. Matt came home drunk from Dolores Park and made dinner and now were off to meet up with Reb(ecc)a and Nic at AMC Van Ness for the midnight release of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince!!! I'm so excited, hahahha. I'm such a nerd for Harry Potter! Happy Bastille Day Everyone! Vive la révolution!

LOL

0 commented: