only the obtuse are unappreciative of paradox

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Are You That Dumb?

Number One, I obviously knew you were using it to begin with, why do you think i moved it into a new location. Number Two, I keep track of my things and have an exceptional memory at times. Did you really think I would not notice??? It probably would not be that big of a deal if it wasn't for the fact that she is the person who accuses everyone in the house of stealing her things, eating her food, hiding things from her when she loses them, and going in her room when she's not home to do who knows what. What a complete hypocrite. But, moving along, I had an absolutely phenomenal day yesterday! It was great and now that I think about it, actually stemmed from the day before. On Thursday, I had a nice short day of work at the bakery, then I proceeded to take the 14 to Rebecca's apartment. It took a lifetime, and the bus even broke down at one point. It was my first time being over and her place is amazing! I love everything about it and she has an awesome cat named Hunter. He's a Maine Coon. He rules. So we drank some tea and some french press coffee and pretty much caught up on about 3 years worth of life. It's hard to believe it had been that long. I recieved a call during this time, and to my suprise it was a man named Doug, wanting me to come to the California Academy of Sciences for an interview the next day! It seemed perfect that I was with Rebecca when he called because she works at the academy.

Later in the night I met her boyfriend Nic. From what I can tell he's a really great guy and I'm so happy for her. We went to his house and got to hang out with some of their friends and most importantly with Oliver! His teeny tiny kitten! It was a lot of fun, I had a really great time. On the way home, I took the 44 to Forest Hill. It was the first time I had actually been in the station outside of the metro train and I immediately came to the conclusion that it is by far, the creepiest of all the metro stations. It was completely empty. I was the only person in the whole place, alone. As if the building itself didn't have a vacant feel to it already. I also felt like I was much farther underground than normal, like I could almost feel the pressure of the earth above me. There was a ghost breeze coming through the subway and you could see forever down one side of the tunnel. As if it just went on and on and on. And to add to everything, there was the constant, distant sound of running water. It left me with a very strange eerie feeling. When I finally got on the metro, everyone on it was asleep and there was a whole barbeque chicken that was thrown across the floor. Barbeque sauce everywhere, the whole train smelled like barbeque chicken. It was a good night. In the morning, Kristin came over and I got ready for my job interview. We walked to West Portal to catch the metro and ended up making it to the Academy just in time! I found the staff entrance in the back and Kristin went to the De Young tower to hang out while I had my interview. I met Doug, we went into a meeting room upstairs that has a huge window overlooking the main lobby of the museum; It was quite nice. The interview went really well and at the end he told me he would call me within the next hour. I met up with Kristin and we walked to Irving to get some sushi and sake. Before our food was ready, Doug called me to Congratulate me on getting the job and to ask me to come in and start on Monday! I still can't believe it! I am so excited. The position is photography and sales. It's perfect. Kristin and I decided to go to Haight after dinner and Goodwill had an abundance of great little nic-nacs and such. We found some cool stuff there and at some other stores, and I left with a new coat, fresh sunflowers, a new bag, some belts, a new record, a picture to hang in my kitchen, a green glass vase, and a red fondue pot. We met Michelle at my flat and decided to make it 60s spy night. We bought an abundance of booze and made White Russians all night. It turned into quite the little party as more and more people showed up throughout the night. It was a great end to a great day.

Well, Happy Fourth of July America! I'm going to start getting ready to go down to the Golden Gate Bridge to drink and watch some fireworks. So much has changed in the past year and it's happened so fast. I truly feel like I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.

0 commented: